Last Updated on 05/11/2023
You can use the Best Buy mobile application to price match select products from other retailers. To see how you can get the shopping app to match the cheaper price from the competition, you can follow the steps laid out in this article from Overly Technical.
1. Before doing anything else, make sure you have proof that the other retailer is selling the same product at a lower price.
If the price is shown on the competitor’s website, then make sure you save the link.
If the price shows up on a printed ad, then make sure you take a photo of the app by using the camera of your smartphone or mobile app.
If the price shows up on another app, then you can try taking a screenshot of the product listing that shows the cheaper price.
2. Once you have proof, open the Best Buy App on your smartphone or mobile device.
3. Inside of the application, tap the question mark icon, which is located on the top right side of the screen, in between the search bar and the shopping cart icon.
4. You should now be in the Help Center menu of the Best Buy App. From there, scroll down to the Popular Support Topics section and then select Price Match Guarantee.
5. From the Price Match Guarantee, we suggest reading which product qualify for this program.
In general, Best Buy will only price match the same products from local competitors in addition to the following online stores:
- HP Tiger Direct
Best Buy will not match prices from competition if the discounts come from an hourly or daily sale. Furthermore, it may not allow price matching during the Thanksgiving sales period, which includes Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
6. Once you read through the qualifications, scroll down to the “Choose how you want to price match.”
7. Make sure that you are in the Online tab.
8. Next, select the Best Buy Chat link.
9. During the chat, make sure you provide proof, rather if it is a link to the competitor’s product listing or a photo/screenshot of a print ad, to the Best Buy representative.
10. You can also try calling Best Buy to get a price match or ask for help while visiting a physical, brick-and-mortar store.
11. You may have to try multiple different sales representatives and/or methods to get Best Buy to price match the competition.