When using the Bank of America mobile app, you may experience internet issues.
You can check out this troubleshooting guide at Overly Technical to see how you can potentially fix these connection issues.
1. The first step we recommend taking is to check if your smartphone is connected to a Wi-Fi or the mobile network. Without either of these connections, you won’t be able to connect your phone online and, therefore, won’t be able to use the Bank of America app.
For example, if you have a Google Pixel 6, you can go to Settings > Network & Internet > Internet to see what connection you are currently using.
2. If your phone is connected to either Wi-Fi or a mobile network, then you can try moving around to get a better connection.
If you are using a mobile network, try to get outside if you are indoors.
If you are using Wi-Fi, try moving closer to the Wi-Fi router.
If you have airplane mode enabled, then you need to disable it as that mode will disable both your mobile network and Wi-Fi connections on your phone. Using the Pixel 6 as an example again, you can go to Settings > Network & Internet and then make sure the Airplane Mode setting is turned off.
3. Next, you can try closing and then re-opening the Bank of America app on your phone.
4. You can also try restarting the phone to see if doing so will help resolve the connection issues.
5. You can also try another app to see if you are able to connect online.
If you are able to use other apps on the Internet, then your issues may be related to the Bank of America app.
In that case, you can try to see if there are any updates available for the banking application. To update, visit the app’s product page on the Google Play Store if you are using an Android phone or the Apple App Store if you are using an iPhone.
6. You can also try deleting app and then re-install it again.
To delete this banking app on the Pixel 6, tap, hold and then drag its icon on the home screen. You then need to drag the app to the Uninstall option on the top right corner. In the uninstall notification, tap OK to complete the deletion.
After deleting the app, you can download and then install it again from the app’s product page on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
7. The connection issues of the Bank of America app may be due to a server outage at Bank of America.
So, if none of the aforementioned potential solution help, then we suggest simply trying again at another time as the servers may be fixed by then.