When trying to use the TurboTax: File Your Tax Return mobile application, you may notice that it may not open properly. Even if you managed to launch the app, it may not be working as intended.
To see how you can potentially fix these issues, you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide at Overly Technical.
1. The first step you can take is to close the TurboTax app.
After closing the tax filing app, make sure you have no other apps opened or suspended as they may be causing conflicts.
You can then try re-opening TurboTax afterwards to see if it is working normally.
2. You can also try disabling and then re-enabling your mobile network or Wi-Fi connection in order to reset the Internet of your device. Afterwards, you can test the TurboTax mobile app to see if your issues have gone away.
3. Furthermore, you may want to restart your device as it may free up any potential conflicts and resources.
4. There is also a possibility that TurboTax may be suffering a server outage.
You can try testing other apps to see if they can connect to the Internet without any problems. If they work normally, then we recommend waiting for the TurboTax servers to be fixed before trying to use the tax mobile app.
5. The next potential solution is to clear the cache and storage of the app.
To do so with the Google Pixel 6, for example, go to Settings app and the select Apps > See all apps > TurboTax > Storage & cache. Inside the Storage menu of TurboTax, select “Clear storage” and then “Clear cache.”
6. Moreover, you should make sure that you didn’t set any battery usage limitations for the app.
Using the Pixel 6 phone as an example again, you can open the Settings app and then go to Apps > See all apps > TurboTax > Battery.
From the “Battery usage” menu of the TurboTax app, make sure you use either the “Unrestricted” or “Optimized” setting.
6. You can also check to see if there is a new update available for the tax filing app.
To do so on Android, for instance, you can go to the TurboTax: File Your Tax Return product page in the Google Play Store app.
7. Furthermore, it is also a good idea to update your smartphone or mobile device to the latest firmware.
8. If the app is still not opening and working correctly, then you can try deleting off of your device. You can then download and install it again from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
9. If none of the aforementioned solutions work, then you can try using TurboTax through a web browser app such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Alternatively, you can also try using its mobile app on another device.