Last Updated on 05/11/2023
The PlayStation 5, PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S are extremely hard to find due to a combination of chip shortages, high demand and scalpers.
The best way to stay up-to-date when it comes to these game consoles coming back into stock is to set up Twitter alerts on your smartphone. To find out how to do so, you can take a look at this step-by-step tutorial at Overly Technical.
1. To begin, you need to download, install and sign into the Twitter app if you haven’t done so already.
You can download the Twitter app on the Apple App Store if you have an iPhone or the Google Play Store if you have an Android phone.
After downloading and installing the Twitter app, you then need to sign in. If you don’t have a Twitter account, then you need to set one up.
2. After signing into the Twitter app on your phone, tap the Search icon located on the bottom of the screen (it is located in between the Home and Alert icons).
3. After getting to the search menu, search for “@PS5StockAlerts” (without the quotation marks) if you are looking for a PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 system.
If you are looking for an Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X, then you need to search for “@XboxStockAlerts” (without the quotation marks).
4. In the search results screen, select the account that matches exactly with your search term.
If you are looking for a PS5, then you need to select the @PS5StockAlerts account.
If you are looking for an Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X, then you need to select the @XboxStockAlerts account.
5. On the @PS5StockAlerts or @XboxStockAlerts page, tap Follow.
6. Next, you need to select the icon that will appear to the left of the Following. The icon looks like a bell with a plus on the top right side.
7. In the “Account notifications” menu, you then need to select “All Tweets.”
8. Once you are done setting the notifications for the @PS5StockAlerts and/or @XboxStockAlerts, go back to the very first page of the app.
To do so quickly, you can simply close the app and then open it again.
9. Now that you get to the first page of the app, select the profile icon on the top left of the screen.
10. In the profile menu, select “Settings and privacy.”
11. Inside the Settings menu, select Notifications.
12. After getting to the Notifications menu, select Preferences.
13. Now that you arrived at the Preferences menu, select “Push notifications.”
14. At the top of the “Push notifications” menu, make sure that “Push notifications” is enabled.
15. In the same “Push notifications” menu, tap Tweets.
16. In the Tweets menu, make sure that the Tweets setting is enabled.
You should now be able to set for your phone to get notifications every time the @PS5StockAlerts and/or @XboxStockAlerts post a Tweet.
Additional tips to getting PS5, PS5 Digital Edition, Xbox Series X|S
Even if you set your phone to get restock alerts, you are still racing against other followers of the @PS5StockAlerts and/or @XboxStockAlerts accounts when it comes to who can buy these consoles before the limited stock runs out every time when there is a drop available.
To improve your chances of getting a PlayStation 5, PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, Xbox Series X and/or Xbox Series S, you can take the following steps:
1. Make sure you set up accounts, including your payment and address information, to all the major retailers (Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Walmart, Microsoft Store, PlayStation Direct, etc).
2. You should also make sure that you stayed signed into the websites of these retailers so that you will be able to get your order completed as soon as possible.
3. We also recommend following the @Wario64 account on Twitter and setup up alerts for it on your phone. From our experience, this account is as fast as it gets when it comes to posting about PS5, PS5 Digital Edition, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X restocks.
The only issue is that this account also posts a lot of game deals, which means that you will get a lot of unrelated alerts.
If you want to increase your chances of buying a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S, however, then Wario64 is a must follow.