Changing your email address that you used for your Home Depot account on your smartphone or mobile device is a little troublesome. To see how you can edit properly your email associated with the home improvement retailer, you can take a look at this tutorial from Overly Technical.
Can you use the Home Depot App to change your email address?
Unfortunately, you can’t currently edit your email address from inside the mobile application of The Home Depot.
The good news is that you can still use your phone or mobile device to change your email by utilizing a web browser app and then visiting The Home Depot website.
How to change the email address on The Home Depot mobile website
In order to change your email by using The Home Depot mobile website, you need to take the following steps:
1. To start off, you need to open a web browser application on your smartphone or mobile device.
For this guide, we will be using the Mozilla Firefox App. You can also use the Google Chrome as well as any other browser app.
2. Next, you need to visit the official Home Depot website, which you can do so with this link.
3. On the website, tap the three horizontal lines icon to bring up a menu.
4. In the menu, you need to select My Account.
5. If you haven’t already signed into your Home Depot account, then you will be asked to enter your Email Adress and then your password.
If you have two-factor authentication turned on, then you need to enter a verification code that was sent to you as well in order to log in.
6. After signing into your account, head back to the My Account menu. From there, scroll down to the Account Settings section and then select Security & Password.
7. Inside of the Security & Password, tap the Edit link next to Email from the Sign In Details section.
8. Next, you need to enter your new email address.
9. Once you are done inputting your new email, select the Save Changes option.
10. The new email address will now be linked to your current Home Depot account.
If you have a gift card for Home Depot, then you can take a look at this guide to see how you can use the mobile application to view your current balance, reload the card as well as use it to pay for an order during the checkout process.