If you have a Best Buy gift card that you would like to use it on the official mobile application, then the process can be a little confusing in you aren’t familiar with navigating around its various menus.
If you can’t find the option to use your gift card in the Best Buy App, then you can take a look at this guide from Overly Technical to find out how you can do so.
1. To start off, make sure you have the Best Buy App opened if you haven’t done so already.
2. Of course, you should also make sure that you are signed into your Best Buy account.
You will need to enter the email address that you used for the retailer as well as the password. You may also need to enter a verification code that will be sent to you by Best Buy as an additional security measure.
3. The Best Buy gift card can only be added during the checkout process. Therefore, you need to add the product that you want to buy to the shopping cart and then select the Checkout option.
If you haven’t logged into your Best Buy account previously, then you need to do so when trying to checkout.
4. In the Payment Information section during the checkout process, you need to tap the following link:
“Use a Best Buy Gift Card, Store Credit or Discount Code.”
5. In the new section, you then need to enter your card number into the “Enter Card Number or Discount Code” field.
6. Afterwards, enter the PIN code of your Best Buy gift card.
7. Once you are done entering the gift card information, tap the Apply option.
The gift card should now be used as a payment option.
If your order is more than the value of your gift card, then you have to pay the rest of remaining amount off by using a different payment method.
If you still have some balance left over from the gift card after you used it for an order, then you should be able to use the same card again in a future purchase from Best Buy.
With the Best Buy App, you can also set up stock notifications so that you will be alerted whenever a previously sold-out product is available for purchase again. If you are interested in setting this up, then we recommend that you follow the steps laid out in this tutorial.