Last Updated on 05/11/2023
If you are looking to purchase a product that is constantly sold out (such as the PS5, Xbox Series X, graphics cards and other items with limited stock) on the Best Buy App, then you can set up in stock alerts. To find out how to do so, you can follow the steps laid out in this tutorial from Overly Technical.
1. To begin, open the Best Buy App.
2. Next, make sure that you are signed into your Best Buy account.
After logging in, we also recommend that you have properly set up your payment option as well as your shipping address. It is a good idea to get these saved details so that you can go through the checkout process as quickly as possible.
Based on our prior experience, you may not be able to buy a hot selling product even if you managed to add it to your cart. Therefore, we suggest reducing the number of steps it takes to checkout so that you can beat others to the punch before the item runs out of stock.
3. In the Best Buy App, select the name of your account, which is represented by a human torso icon. It is the right-most option in the bottom menu.
4. Next, you need to select My App Settings.
5. In the Accounts Setting menu, you then need to select Notifications.
6. If you are asked to enable notifications for the Best Buy App on your device, then make sure you do so.
On our Google Pixel 6 phone, which is running on the Android 13 operating system, we enabled All Best Buy Notifications along with Marketing Messages and Nearby Messages.
7. Go back to the Notifications menu and then make sure that the Special Offers and Promotions setting is enabled.
8. Afterwards, go back out to the Best Buy store page and then search for the product that you want to receiver in stock alerts for.
9. On the product page, scroll down and the select the “Save for Later” link.
10. You can then select the View All Items link.
11. Inside of the Saved Items menu, you will see a list of products that you saved to your Best Buy account.
Anytime there is a new stock arriving for these saved products, the Best Buy App should be able to send a notification straight to your smartphone or mobile device. The retailer may also notify you through the email that is attached to your Best Buy account (although the message may appear in the spam folder).