Last Updated on 05/11/2023
When trying to use the official mobile application of Amazon, you may run into pages that refuses to load properly. As a result, you will see a blank or white screen.
To see how you can potentially resolve this issue, you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide at Overly Technical.
1. The first step you can take is to try refreshing the page.
In order to do so, you need to go back to the previous page. You can do so by tapping the left-pointing arrow from the top left side if you see it in the Amazon App. If you don’t see the arrow then you can try to go back by using gesture or button on your operating system.
Once you gone back to the previous page, try to head to the blank page again.
2. You can also try closing the application and then open it again to see if doing so will fix the white screens.
3. If you have other apps opened at the same time, then these may be taking up hardware resources and/or causing conflicts with the Amazon App.
In this case, you can try closing all the other applications you have opened at the moment before reloading the blank page.
4. Restarting your device may also help as doing so will free up RAM and other hardware resources.
5. Another potential solution is to delete the temporary files from the Amazon App.
In order to do so with an Android operating system (we will be using the Pixel 6 that is running on Android 13), for example, you can try taking the following steps:
- Look for the Amazon Shopping icon on the home screen.
- Press and hold the icon until a pop-up window shows up.
- In the window, tap the “i” icon.
- You should now be in the App Info menu of the Amazon Shopping App. Here you need to select Storage & Cache.
- In the Storage menu, tap the Clear Cache option.
6. If you haven’t done so already, make sure you check for a new software update for the Amazon App. A patch may help fix the blank screen issues.
7. It is a good idea that you keep the software version of your device updated as well as a new firmware release may offer better compatibility with this online retailer application.
8. You can also try deleting the Amazon App from your device.
After the deletion, download and install the same application again from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to see if a fresh install will get rid of the white pages.
9. If possible, you can try using the Amazon App on another device. If it works flawlessly on the other device, then there may be a compatibility issue with the older one.
10. You can also simply use the official Amazon website via a web browser app like Chrome or Firefox. The site may be more stable when compared to the application.