Last Updated on 05/11/2023
If you have PayPal installed on your smartphone or mobile device, you may notice that application is using up more battery life than expected.
To lessen the energy usage load of this app, you can take a look at this article from Overly Technical.
1. If your smartphone or mobile device comes with the ability to limit battery usage for individual apps, then we recommend that you restrict PayPal.
If you have a Google Pixel 6 phone, for example, then you can do the following:
- To start off, you need to open the Settings App on your device.
- Inside of Settings, you should then select Apps.
- Afterwards, make sure you select the “See all apps” option.
- From the list of installed apps, select PayPal.
- In the App Info menu of PayPal, you need to select Battery.
- After getting to the Battery Usage menu, set the Managed Battery Usage setting to Restricted.
2. If you aren’t using PayPal, then we recommend that you close the app. Otherwise, it may still drain the battery life of your phone or mobile device.
3. Even if you close the PayPal app, it may still be running in the background. In order to do so with the aforementioned Pixel 6 phone, for instance, you can take the following steps:
- Launch the Settings App.
- From the first page of Settings, select Apps and then the “See all apps” option.
- Select PayPal from the list of installed Apps.
- After arriving at the App Info menu of PayPal, select Force Stop.
- In the pop-up notification, select Ok.
4. We also recommend that you turn off PayPal App notifications. To do so, you need to take the following steps:
- Open the PayPal App.
- Sign into your PayPal account.
- Tap the human icon located on the top left side of the screen.
- In the Profile menu, select Notification Preferences.
- In the Push Notifications menu, you can choose which type of alerts to disable. You can also choose whether or not an audible sound will play when you get a notification.
5. We recommend that you keep the PayPal App up to date as new patch releases may make the application more energy efficient.
6. It is also a good idea that you have the latest firmware for your phone or mobile device installed as it may help improve the battery usage all around.