If you subscribe to the PlayStation Stars rewards program, then you will be able to earn points by completing specific campaigns, including buying eligible games from the PlayStation Store. You can then redeem these points for digital collectibles, digital games as well as PlayStation Store wallet credit.
To see how you can redeem your PlayStation Stars point by using the official PS App, you can take a look at this tutorial from Overly Technical.
1. The first step you should take is to open the PlayStation App on your device if you haven’t done so already.
If you don’t have this gaming-focused application installed on your smartphone or mobile device, then you need to download it from the Google Play Store on Android or Apple App Store on iOS.
2. Next, make sure you are logged into the PlayStation Network account that is linked to the PlayStation Stars rewards program. Otherwise, you won’t be able to redeem your hard-earned points.
To log in, you will need your email address, PSN password and, if applicable, the two-step verification code.
3. After signing into your PSN account, go to the Play tab.
You can do so by tapping the controller icon located at the bottom menu.
4. Next, you need to tap the PlayStation Stars icon.
It is shaped like an octagon and should be located near the top of the Play tab. You will find the icon in between your PSN username and the alert bell icons.
5. After getting to the PlayStation Stars menu, tap the Rewards option right underneath the display shelf image.
6. In the Rewards section, you will find a list of products that you can redeem with your PlayStation Stars points.
There are currently three different categories:
- Digital Collectibles
- PS Store Rewards
- PS Store Wallet Credit
Digital Collectibles are digital items that you can add to your digital display case. To see how you can view and customize this shelf in the PlayStation App, you can follow the steps laid out in this guide.
PS Store Rewards feature digital PS4 and PS5 games that can you download from the PlayStation Store.
PS Store Wallet Credit will add funds to your PlayStation Store wallet.
7. In order to redeem your PS Stars points, tap the item you are interested in getting from the Rewards section of the PlayStation Stars menu.
8. In the next screen, tap the Redeem option in order to acquire the item.
Keep in mind that the PlayStation Stars points you earned must be redeemed within 24 months after you first acquired them. Otherwise, you will lose those points in your account.