If you are planning to use your Chase credit card or debit card when traveling out of your city, state or country, then it is a good idea to set up a travel notice.
You can check out this guide to see how you can send a travel notice to Chase by using its mobile application.
How to set up travel notifications for credit or debit card in the Chase app
Thanks to the recent enhancements made to the security at Chase, you no longer have to set up any travel notices when you are planning to use your credit card or debit card out of town.
Instead, Chase will send you alerts if they notice any unusual activities and/or potential attempts of stealing your identity.
How to set up Chase app for traveling
While you don’t need to set up travel notifications, we recommend enabling alerts on smartphone so that you can stay instantly up to date when it comes to any unusual activities and/or identify theft attempts.
1. To begin, open the Chase app on your phone or mobile device.
2. After open the application, log into your Chase account.
3. After signing in, tap the profile icon located on the top right side of the screen.
4. From inside the Profile & Settings menu, select the “Manage alerts” under the “Alerts & messages” section.
5. In the “Manage Alerts” menu, you first need to turn on the “Android Notifications” option. This will allow your phone or mobile device to receive push notifications.
6. If you want to also set up email and text alerts as well, then you can select “Delivery preferences” in the same “Manage Alerts” menu.
7. In the Delivery Preferences menu, you can add additional emails (you can have up to 5 more to go along with your primary email address).
8. You can also add or update the mobile phone number tied to your Chase account from the Delivery Preferences menu.
9. After setting up your email and/or phone notification deliveries, go back to the Manage Alerts menu.
10. Now that you are back in the Manage Alerts menu, tap the “Security & other alerts” option.
11. Inside the “Security & other alerts” menu, you can turn on the following alerts for your push notification, email notifications and/or text notifications:
- You changed your password
- My User ID has changed
- My device has been approved
12. Tap Save Changes once you are done with setting up the Security Alerts setup to return to the Manage Alerts menu.
13. Back at the Manage Alerts menu, tap your credit card or debit card.
14. In the subsequent menus, you can set alerts for the following:
Balance & security alerts:
- Alert me when a Chase Offer is used
- My available credit is less than $0.00
- A balance transfer bas been posted to this account.
- My balance reaches x amount of cash
- My rewards balance exceeds x amount of Points
- Your automatic credit card payment will be made soon
- A payment has been posted to this account
- Your payment is due in 10 days
- No payment was received for this account
- More than $0.00 is authorized on my credit card or debit card for a single transaction
- An international charge is authorized on my credit card or debit card
- An online, phone, or mail charge is authorized on my credit card or debit card
- A gas station charge is authorized on my credit card or debit card
- A credit is pending on my account
We recommend setting up push notifications for every possible alerts on your Chase credit card or debit card.
11. After setting up any of the aforementioned alerts, make sure you select the Save Changes option.