Last Updated on 05/11/2023
If you have the official Walmart mobile application installed on your smartphone or mobile device but it won’t open properly, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Overly Technical to see how you can potentially fix this problem.
1. To start off, make sure that the operating system of your device is supported by the Walmart App.
If you have an Android phone or device, then you need to have the Android 7.1 operating system or higher.
If you have an iPhone or iOS device, then you need to have the iOS 14.0 or higher.
If your device doesn’t meet these minimum requirements, then the application may not open. In this case, you can try updating the device to the latest operating system release if possible.
2. If you have other apps on the device opened, then these may be conflicting with the Walmart App, causing it to not launch properly.
Therefore, we recommend closing any other applications that you have currently opened.
3. Restarting your device may also help as doing so will close any lingering processes in addition to apps that may cause conflicts with the Walmart application.
4. If the retailer app still isn’t opening, then you can try deleting its cache and/or user data.
If you have an Android phone, then you can try doing the following (these steps are based on a Pixel 6 phone running on the Android 13 operating system):
- Long press the Walmart icon on the home screen.
- If done correctly, you should see a pop-up menu, where you then need to select “i” circular icon.
- From the App Info menu of Walmart, you need to select the “Storage & cache” option.
- After getting to the Storage menu of Walmart, you can then select the Clear Cache option if you only plan to delete the temporary files. You can also select Clear Storage option if you want to delete the temporary files as well as the user data.
- After deleting the cache and/or user data, you can try opening the Walmart App again.
5. If the application is still not launching, then you can try uninstalling it from your device. Afterwards, you can download and install it again by using the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
6. If possible, you can try using the retailer app on another device. You can also try using a web browser app, such as Chrome or Firefox, and then visit the Walmart App instead.