Last Updated on 05/11/2023
You can use the official PlayStation mobile application to download and share screenshots that you have taken when playing on your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition console.
To find out how to do so, you can take a look at this tutorial from Overly Technical.
How to download PS5 screenshots from the PS App
To download screenshots taken from your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition by using the official PlayStation mobile application, you need to take the following steps:
1. Before we start, it is important to note that you need to enable the Auto-Upload setting from the Captures menu of the PS App. If you don’t, then the screenshots you taken from your PS5 won’t show up in the application.
To see how you can turn on this setting, you can follow the steps laid out in this article.
2. In the PlayStation App, you first need to go to the Game Library section by using the bottom menu.
3. After getting to the Game Library section, you then need to select the Captures option located near the top.
4. In the Captures section, you will see a collection of screenshots that you have taken on your PS5 system over the past 14 days.
If you have screenshots that are more than 14 days old, or screens that were taken before you turned on the Auto-Upload setting, then these captured images won’t appear in the PS App.
5. In the Captures section, select the screenshot that you want to download.
Alternatively, you can select the checkmark option located at the bottom right side to select multiple screenshots.
6. Next, you need to select the icon that has the down-pointing arrow in order to download the screenshot on the storage of the device where you are currently using the PS App.
How to share PS5 screenshots from the PS App
To share screenshots that were captured from your PS5 via the PS App, you need to do the following:
1. Go to the Game Library section in the mobile application.
2. Once you get to the Game Library, make sure you switch over to the Captures section.
3. Inside the Captures section, select a screenshot from the gallery.
If you want to share multiple screens at the same time, then you need to select the checkmark icon located on the bottom right side.
4. Next, you need to select the icon that has the arrow pointing to the right.
5. In the Share menu, you will see a list of PSN friends that you can share the screenshot with. You can also search for other PSN players as well as add a text message to the image.
Once you are done with selecting who to share the screen with, select the Done option.
6. If you want to share the screenshot with someone on the contact list on your phone and/or send the image to a different app, then you need to select the “Share via” option.
Afterwards, you can select the contact or application that you want to send your captured image over to.