Last Updated on 05/11/2023
If you want to use the Yahoo Fantasy Sports & Daily mobile application in a black or dark background, then you can take a look at this tutorial from Overly Technical to see how you can enable this display feature.
How to enable dark mode for the Yahoo Fantasy App on iOS
If you are using an iPhone or iOS device, then you can enable dark mode by simply doing the following:
1. Open the Yahoo Fantasy App.
2. Afterwards, tap the gear cog icon in order to go to the application’s settings menu.
3. From there, you should find the option to disable or enable the app’s dark theme.
How to enable dark mode for the Yahoo Fantasy App on Android
Unfortunately, the Android version of the Yahoo Fantasy Sports & Daily App currently does not offer an official dark mode or night mode.
With that said, you can try forcing the application to display in a dark theme. On the Google Pixel 6 that is running on Android 13, for example, you can try doing the following:
1. To start off, you need to open the Settings App on your phone.
2. From the Settings menu, you then need to go to System and then select Developer Options.
If you don’t see Developer Options, then you need to unlock it first by going to Settings > About Phone. In the About Phone menu, you then need to tap the Build Number option quickly several times until the Developer Options menu is unlocked.
3. Inside the Developer Options menu, you should first make sure that the Use Developer Options setting located at the top is enabled.
4. Next, navigate downwards until you get to the Hardware Accelerated Rendering section.
5. From the Hardware Accelerated Rendering section, make sure that the Override Force-Dark setting is enabled.
By turning on this setting, your phone should force apps to display in a dark or black background.
If the Override Force-Dark setting does not work when it comes to turning on dark mode for the Yahoo Fantasy App, then you can try inverting the colors on your device.
With the Pixel 6 that is running on Android 13, for instance, you can do the following:
1. Begin by heading back into the Settings App of your Android device.
2. Inside of Settings, you need to select Accessibility.
3. From the Accessibility, you should then select Color and Motion.
4. Select Color Inversion in the Color and Motion menu.
5. In the Color Inversion menu, make sure that the Use Color Inversion setting is turned on. You may also want to turn on the Color Inversion Shortcut setting if you want to add a shortcut icon to the bottom right side of the screen.
By using color inversion, the background of the Yahoo Fantasy App should become dark while the text will become light.
If you want Yahoo to add an official dark theme to the Fantasy Sports & Daily App, then we suggest that you use the Send Feedback option in the Settings menu of the app in order to let the company know of your request.