Last Updated on 05/11/2023
When trying to use the Yahoo Fantasy Sports & Daily mobile application, you may notice that it keeps freezing, closing and/or causing your device to restart. To see how you can fix these crashing problems, you can take a look at this troubleshooting article here at Overly Technical.
1. To start off, make sure that the device you are currently using isn’t too hot when you touch it. Otherwise, it may cause the Yahoo Fantasy Sports App to slowdown or even crash.
If the device seems to be overheating, then we suggest that you let it cool down at room temperature before using the application.
2. You should also avoid having any other apps opened at the same time as the fantasy sports app.
The other applications may be taking up too much hardware resources. Not to mention that they may be running in conflict with the Yahoo Fantasy App.
3. While you are at it, we recommend inspecting your background running apps to also see if there are any that may be too resource-heavy and/or conflicting with the Yahoo Fantasy Sports App.
4. The app may be crashing due to corrupted cache and/or user data files. For this step, we will be using the Google Pixel 6 smartphone as an example as you can do the following:
- On the home screen of your phone, you then need to press and hold the Yahoo Fantasy icon.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, you then need to tap the App Info option.
- After getting to the App Info menu of Yahoo Fantasy, you then need to select Storage & Cache.
- Inside the Storage section, you can select the Clear Storage option in order to delete the user data and cache files from the app. If you only want to delete the cache files, then you can select the Clear Cache option instead.
5. A new version of the Yahoo Fantasy Sports App may also help fix the crashing problems. If you have a Pixel 6 phone, for example, then you can do the following:
- Go to the Google Play Store App.
- Inside the Store, tap your profile picture, which is located to the right of the search bar.
- From the Google menu, you should then tap Manage Apps & Device.
- If there are updates available for the Yahoo Fantasy, as well as any other applications that are installed on your device, then tap the Update All option.
6. The crashing issues may be related to your device. In this case, you can try updating the software version of the device.
You can also try factory resetting the device and then re-installing the Yahoo Fantasy Sports App to see if the application is still crashing afterwards.
7. You may also want to consider using the Yahoo Fantasy website through a web browser app instead as doing so may be more stable.
8. If possible, you can also try using the app on another device as the other device may offer better compatibility.