With the Yahoo Sports App, you can watch NFL games in addition to being able to keep up to date with the latest news and scores from your favorite teams.
When using this application, you may run into connection, crashing and/or slowdown issues. You can take a look at this troubleshooting guide at Overly Technical to see how you can potential fix these problems.
How to fix connection issues with the Yahoo Sports App
When trying to use this sporting app, you can get the following error messages:
- Can not play video.
- Network or server unavailable.
In order to fix connection issues with the Yahoo Sports App, we recommend try doing the following:
1. Close the application and then open it again.
2. If you were using Wi-Fi on your smartphone or mobile device, then you can try switching over to your mobile network.
3. If you were previously using a mobile network to connect to the Yahoo Sports app, try switching over to a Wi-Fi connection.
4. Try to disable the Internet connection on your smartphone and then re-enabling it again.
5. If you have a weak Wi-Fi connection, try to move closer to the Wi-Fi router so that you can get a stronger connection.
6. If you have a weak mobile network signal, try getting outside to see if your mobile network improves.
7. If you are streaming another app and/or downloading a file, then we recommend stopping both so that you can save the bandwidth for the Yahoo Sports app.
7. We also recommend testing the Internet connection with other apps.
If the other apps seem to connect online without any issues, then the connection issues with the Yahoo Sports app may be related to the Yahoo servers. In this case, you need to simply wait until the servers are functional again.
How to fix crashing and slowdown issues with Yahoo Sports App
If the Yahoo Sports App keeps crashing, freezing and/or slowing down on your smartphone or mobile device, then you can try the following fixes:
1. Close the Yahoo Sports App and then open it again.
2. If you have any other opened apps, make sure you close them when you use the Yahoo sporting application as you could free up resources and clear up any potential conflicts.
3. We also recommend restarting your phone as doing so may help clear out any intensive resources.
4. Delete the app data for the Yahoo Sports App.
5. You should also delete the app cache for this application.
6. Delete the app and then download it again from the Google Play Store if you are using an Android device or Apple App Store if you are using an iOS device.
7. Make sure the Yahoo Sports App has been updated to its latest software version.
8. You should also make sure that the firmware of your device has been updated to the latest release.
9. If the app is crashing when you are trying to stream an NFL game, then we notice that this usually occurs during a commercial break.
In this specific case, we recommend closing the Yahoo Sports App whenever there is a break in the action and the commercials start playing. After closing the application, wait for a minute or two before opening it and streaming the NFL game again.
10. We also suggest avoid overheating your smartphone or mobile device as doing so may decrease its performance, which may lead to the Yahoo Sports App slowing down and eventually crashing.
11. If the app is still not working as intended, then we recommend trying another smartphone or mobile device.
Based on our experience, the Yahoo Sports App runs better on newer hardware and operating systems. The same application is more prone to freezes and other issues when being used on older hardware and operating systems.