Last Updated on 05/11/2023
When trying to look up the status of your refund on the IRS2Go mobile application, you may get the following error message:
“We cannot provide any information about your refund.”
To see how you can potentially resolve this issue with the official IRS app, you can take a look at this troubleshooting article from Overly Technical.
1. The first potential step you can try is to make sure you enter your information correctly in the IRS2Go app.
2. If you are sure that you are enter all the right information, then you can try closing the app.
After closing the app, we then suggest that you restart the smartphone or mobile device where you have the IRS2Go installed. Doing so will help remove any lingering processes and conflicts that may be causing issues with the tax application. Restarting will also help refresh your internet connection.
After restarting your phone or mobile device, make sure you only open the IRS2Go app.
3. You can also try getting a good internet connection.
If you are using a mobile network, then you can try moving outside to get to get a better signal. If you are using Wi-Fi, then you can try moving the phone or mobile device close to the Wi-Fi router in order to get a stronger signal when using the IRS2Go app.
4. If you are still experiencing connection issues and/or having crashing problems, then you can check out this article.
5. If you haven’t done so already, update the IRS2Go app if there is a new software version available to download and install.
5. Furthermore, you should make sure that you are using the IRS2Go app outside of the maintenance downtime.
Currently, the “Where’s My Refund?” service will be taken offline every Monday from 12:00 am Eastern Standard Time to 3:00 am Eastern Standard Time.
The entire IRS server may also go down for service on Sunday starting at 1:00 am EST and ending at 7:00 am EST.
If you are using the Refund Trace feature, then it won’t be available during the following time periods:
- 12:00 am EST to 7:00 pm EST during Sunday
- 12:00 am EST to 6:00 am EST during Monday
- 3:30 am EST to 6:00 am EST during Tuesday
- 3:30 am EST to 6:00 am EST during Wednesday
- 3:30 am EST to 6:00 am EST during Thursday
- 3:30 am EST to 6:00 am EST and then 9:00 pm EST to 12:00 am EST during Friday
6. You should also make sure that you are looking at the correct year for your tax refund.
For example, if you are using the IRS2Go app in 2022 to look for your refund status for the 2020 tax year, then you won’t be able to find it by using this application. Instead, you will need to call the official IRS hotline to get help from a real-life agent in order to find out the status of your refund.
7. If none of the aforementioned solutions did not fix the “We cannot provide any information about your refund” issue on the IRS2Go app, then you can try using the official IRS website on desktop or mobile.
8. If using the website does not make this issue go away, then you have no other choice then to call the official IRS hotline to get help from an agent.