The revamped PlayStation Plus service introduced several more expensive tiers with the Extra, Deluxe and Premium plans as you will get more benefits. If you want to switch to a lower priced plan, then you can take a look at this tutorial at Overly Technical to see how you can do so from the official PlayStation Store website.
What happens when you move to a lower PlayStation Plus tier
If you decide to move to a cheaper PlayStation Plus plan, then you won’t get a refund from the higher-priced plan.
Instead, you will still get all the benefits of the more expensive tier for the remainder of the subscription time that you previously paid for.
Your PS Plus plan won’t actually change until the next payment due date.
How to use the official PlayStation Store website to switch to a lower PS Plus plan
If you want to move to a lower PlayStation Plus tier by using the official PlayStation website, then you can try taking the following steps:
1. Open a web browser app. For this particular guide, we will be using the Firefox application for smartphones.
2. Inside the web browser app, you then need to go to the official PlayStation Store website.
3. If you aren’t already signed into your PlayStation Network account in the official PlayStation Store website, then you need to tap the Sign In button at the top right side of the screen.
4. On the first page of the Sign In menu, input your email address and then tap Next.
5. In the next page, you then need to input your password and then tap Sign In.
6. If you have 2-step verification previously enabled, then you have to input the code in the next page and then select Verify.
7. After you are signed into your PSN account on the official PlayStation Store website, you need to tap your profile picture or avatar. You can find it on the top right side of the screen.
8. In the pop-up menu of your account, you should then select Subscriptions Management.
9. Once you get to the Subscriptions menu, you need to select the Change option.
10. You should now be in the Change Plan menu. Here, you can select the lower tier that you want to switch to and then the amount of time that you want to subscribe for.
After you made your choice, you need to tap the Continue option.
11. You should then arrive at the “Confirm Plan Change” menu, which will show a list of benefits you will lose out on if you decide to switch your PlayStation Plus membership into a cheaper tier.
Here, you need to select the OK option at the bottom of the screen in order to confirm the switch to the lower-priced tier.
If you decided to change your mind and want to upgrade to a higher PlayStation Plus tier, then we recommend that you take a look at this tutorial to see how you can make the upgrade via the official PlayStation Store website.