With the Crunchyroll app, you will be able to view certain anime episodes or movies without having an Internet connection.
If this feature does not appear to be working, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting article at Overly Technical to see how you can potentially fix your problem.
Why you should use the Crunchyroll app offline viewing feature?
The main benefit of using the Crunchyroll app offline viewing feature is that your device does not need to be connected to the Internet. So, if you don’t have internet access, you will still be able to enjoy your favorite anime. If you have a strict mobile data limit, then offline viewing should save you a lot of bandwidth as well.
Since you don’t need to use your internet connection as often, you should also be able to prevent the Crunchyroll app from draining the battery charge of your smartphone or mobile device.
Hox to fix Crunchyroll app offline viewing issues
If the offline viewing feature isn’t working properly when you are using the Crunchyroll app, then you can try doing the following:
1. Before you start, make sure that you are subscribe to the right Crunchyroll tier.
For the uninformed, the Free tier and Fan tier do not support offline viewing. Instead, you need to be subscribed to either the Mega Fan tier or Ultimate Fan tier.
2. If you are subscribed to the right tier, then the next step you can take is to make sure that you are actually syncing the anime episodes or movies.
To sync an episode, you can take the following steps in the Crunchyroll mobile app:
- Open the app and make sure you are signed into your Crunchyroll account.
- Next, select a video in the app.
- On the video screen, you need to tap the icon that has a down-point arrow inside of a circle.
- Once the sync has been completed, you can find the video by going back to the main men and then selecting My List. Inside of the My List menu, select the Offline tab to view a list of videos that can be viewed without an internet connection.
If you are experiencing issues trying to sync videos for offline viewing in the Crunchyroll app, then you can check out this troubleshooting article.
3. Keep in mind that some anime episodes or movies don’t have an offline viewing option due to licensing. As a result, you can only view these types of videos via streaming.
4. It is also important to note that the offline viewing feature of the Crunchyroll app is protected by Digital Rights Management.
This means that the videos you have saved for offline viewing will automatically be removed after 7 days if they remained unwatched. Once you started playing a video, then you have 48 hours to finish the video before it will be removed from offline viewing.
The good news is that you can easily reset the expiration times by simply opening the Crunchyroll app and then signing into your account while your device is connected to the Internet.