Last Updated on 05/11/2023
You can use the official PlayStation App to change the avatar image for your PlayStation Network account. To find out how to do so, you can take a look at this step-by-step guide from Overly Technical.
1. If you haven’t done so already, make sure you install the PS App on your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device.
This application can be downloaded on the Google Play Store if you have an Android device. It can also be downloaded on the Apple App Store if you have an iOS device.
2. With the PlayStation App installed on your device, you then need to open it.
3. If this is the first time using the application, or you have signed out of your PlayStation Network account at some point when using this app, then you need to log into your PSN account.
To do so, you will need to input your email address and password. If you have two-step verification set up, then you need to input the code that will be sent to you by Sony as well.
4. After signing into your PlayStation Network account, you should arrive at the front-page section of the application. Here, you need to tap your PlayStation Network avatar and username, which you can find on the top left side of the screen.
5. You should arrive at your profile page. Here, you need to tap the Edit Profile option.
6. For security reasons, you will need to input your password again in order to continue.
Tap the password field to bring up the virtual keyboard and then enter your PSN password. You can also tap the eye icon to view the password to see if you entered it correctly.
7. Once you are done entering the password, select Continue to move on.
8. In the Profile menu, tap the Edit button located to the right of your current avatar.
9. After getting to the Select Your Avatar menu, you can select a new avatar.
To view more of the selection, you need to tap the More option once you reach the bottom.
You can also tap the drop-down menu to filter the list based on the following categories:
- Premium Avatars
11. Once you selected an avatar, you will be asked if you want to use it. Select the Yes option to confirm your choice.
12. You should then get a message saying that your avatar has been saved. Select the OK option to return to your Profile menu.