When trying to sign into your account in the official mobile application of Petco, then you may run into several problems. If you can’t log into your Petco account, then you can check out this troubleshooting article form Overly Technical to see how you can fix your issue.
1. The first step we recommend taking is to make sure that you are entering your password correctly. If you don’t, then you should see the following message:
- “Ruh-oh! This specified logon ID or password are not correct. Verify the information provided and log in again.”
Some users often mistakenly use upper case letters for lower case letters and vice versa. The number “0” is erroneously use for the letter “O” as well.
2. If you believed that you entered your password correctly but still can’t log into the Petco App, then you can try creating a new password.
In order to do so, you need to tap the “Forgot Your Password?” link in the sign in screen. In the Forgot Your Password menu, you then need to enter your email address that is linked to your Petco account.
Afterwards, Petco should send you an email message that should provide the next steps require in order to set up a new password.
3. If you still can’t log in after getting a new password, then you can try deleting the user data on the Petco App.
If you have an Android 12 or Android 13 device, for example, then you can do the following:
- Long press the Petco application icon to bring up a pop-up menu.
- In the pop-up menu, you then need to tap the “i” icon in order to head to the App Info menu of Petco.
- Next, you need to tap the Storage & Cache option to head over to the Storage menu of the app.
- You then need to tap the Clear Storage option.
- When asked if you want to delete the app data, select the Delete option.
With the user data deleted, try to log in again.
4. You can also try deleting the retailer application from your device and then re-download it again.
After a fresh install, test to see if you are able to sign in without any problems.
5. A new update to the Petco App may help resolve the sign in issues. Therefore, you should make sure that you have the latest version downloaded.
6. We also recommend checking the social media channels of Petco to see if there any issues with the app.
If there are, then you have to wait until the company fixes the problems on their end.
7. You may want to try using the official Petco website on a web browser app instead.
The Petco App is notorious for having numerous issues. Therefore, you may have more success logging in the official website through a browser app like Chrome or Firefox instead.
If you managed to sign in successfully in the app but it keeps randomly logging you out, then you can check out this troubleshooting guide to see you can do.